Saturday graced us with a very unusual warm spell that seemed to only last a few hours. The wind was brisk, but the sun made it bearable. Ethan was playing with new Christmas toys when I yelled across the room to go grab his boots and coat we were going outside. When he asked why, I said "because it's 47 degrees outside on January 1st and we're going outside!"
We threw our things on, grabbed a sippy cup of milk for Lucas and headed out. In a matter of just an hour or so we managed to play soccor, football, kickball, catch, Ethan rode his new scooter and I took a million pictures like we had never seen the sun before. It was so wonderful to get some fresh air. We oh so needed it.
I realize my quote isn't necessarily referring to Spring the season, but I couldn't help but feel it was appropriate since Saturday was "spring-like" and being January 1st, the beginning of a new year..well, it just fit.
I'm looking forward to this new year for a million reasons I'll post about later. But in the meantime, here's a few snapshots of our wintery "spring".
This post was inspired by Sunday Citar hosted by Fresh Mommy. Join the fun every Sunday by clicking here:

1 comment:
Girl, we were lovin' that weather right along with you! It really did feel like spring and it was a perfect beginning to the new year! So glad you joined in!! :)
~Tab
Post a Comment