#1 There is NEVER a check in the mail. I look everyday.
#2 This may be my only trip outside of the house for the day.. walk slowly..enjoy.
#3 If it's raining, run fast so you don't get soaked, cause rain can be cold. Why check it in the rain? See #2.
#4 Since quitting my job coupons are no longer considered junk mail.
#5 You know #2 is true when you find yourself checking the mail on a Sunday.
#6 Magazines feel like a rare and wonderful gift - it's amazing how long a month can drag while waiting for your new reading material.
#7 Everytime you go to the mailbox you will realize something else you need to get done in the yard..and then sigh because you know you won't get to it anytime soon.
#8 Walk slow, this is the only sun tan you will get.
#9 Your heart skips a beat when there is no mail, because that means you have to (get to) check it again later :)
#10 Did I mention there is NEVER a check in the mail? Or money order, or gift card, or cash or change or anything else that would give you a pass to go spend money freely like you used to...
15 comments:
That's a great list post Jessica. It's so sad about there never being anything nice in the post box.
Di (31DBBB)
Ah this post reminds me of the days back in the States LOL. Great list and oh so true! :D
great list! i'll remember this when the time comes. enter some blog giveaways and maybe something fun will come in the mail. :)
Makes me wish our mailbox was at the curb and not attached to the house... I don't even have to go all the way outside to check it... but maybe next time I'll just walk around the driveway instead.
:)
~Tabitha
This post made me smile! There is something just plain exciting about checking the mail. Always the possibility of something good being in there, right? It’s the first thing I do when I get out of the car after coming home from work. Great job on the list post. Simple, readable, and funny.
ROFL at #4!
A lot like me sending "thank you for dropping by!" notes to spammers because they are my only commenters, hee hee hee.
Put those sunglasses on and rock that mail run, lady! :D
So funny!
Soon i will know all about this, as i am a soon to be new mama to a little boy!
Can't wait!
Visiting from SITS! What a great list post! And darn it for never being a check in the mail!
LOL! What a great list! I remember those days. I still enjoy checking the mail but I now love how Little Butt and I go together (she's 3 now).
What a great post! When I was home on maternity leave, baby and I would walk to the post office every day just to get out of the house! Visiting from SITS & 31DBBB!
Great post and so true!! Awe I remember those mommy moments! I'm going to add you to my post about the great list posts!
I LOVE checking the mail every day. Sadly, I do not receive money either.
This is a great list! I remember feeling homebound during those newbornn days and totally recall all the hoopla to get ready to check the mail...and that would pretty much be our outing for the day. Oh, and the magazines...they're still like unwrapped gifts and don't come often enough:)
Great list! :-) I wonder if it'll be the same for me when I have to do it with a toddler in tow at the same time! LOL
Very funny post! The only things that I know for sure will be in my letterbox are spiders and ants. Gotta love living in Australia!
Post a Comment