Everyone has their "thing". Lucas LOVES tags. He is fascinated by them, mesmerized by them, obsessed with them. Whatever you wanna call it, he can't get enough of them. It's amazing how many tags you never realized were there until your baby is on a mission to get across the living room floor as fast as he can.. to play with the boppy pillow tag. Or the tag on the throw rug (no, I don't let him chew on that one!) There are only a handful of toys he'll even bother with that don't have tags. And if you put another toy down that has one, he's done with it. It's all over. And he just gets so excited, it's hysterical to watch. He squeals, kicks and bounces up and down like you just gave him chocolate (no wait, he can't have that, that must be me...). It's adorable... (him, not me!)
| Notice all the tags he's gathered himself.... |
God, I love this kid and his crazy ways. It's amazing to me at only 6 months he has such a personality already. Between this and him playing peek-a-boo, (to see a video, click here. I'm hoping to get a better one up today from my husband's phone it takes better video than mine.), he has has us cracking up. He loves to make us all laugh and for being the most colicky baby I've ever met - when he's happy, he's HAPPY. He's gonna be his class clown, no doubt in my mind. And between him and Ethan (who is also a comedian) at the dining room table, it's already a big show :) They get each other laughing so hard we forget to eat sometimes. I LOVE it!
Ethan had a similar habit with buttons. He would twist and turn every button he could find while sucking his thumb as a baby. Now, he just sucks his thumb (drives us nuts!!)
So, what do you chew on? Well, not literally. What is it that you do that determines if it's going to be a good day or not? What do you do that soothes you when you are stressed? What do you do that is subconscious, but you can't stop? I rub my thumb over my wedding ring a million times a day. It started from the first day I got it - probably because I was never a jewelry person and that was alot of money sitting on my finger and I was afraid I'd lose it. I crack my knuckles when I'm tense. And if I don't get my coffee in the morning, I'm certain I can't survive the day (this habit didn't start until Ethan was born, lol).
Please. Share. Tell us your "thing".
2 comments:
oh gosh...if I'm really stressed I start to bite my nails!!! such a bad habit! What i try to do is take 5 and just get away for a minute even if it's in the bathroom taking a bath while my husband watches the kids or puts them to bed. It's a bad start to the day if I oversleep and/or don't have lunches and things ready the night before! :-) But it's a really bad day if it's humid and my hair can't handle it! ~kimberly
www.stinkerpinker.com
Isn't sibling interaction so magnificent!! Mine are the same way... both LOVE to get us laughing, and they do it well. And baby laughs are so stinkin' cute and contagious! :)
~Tabitha
Post a Comment