I love the conversations I have with my four year-old son. LOVE them. He loves to talk like his mama, he's smart and his imagination is amazing. Today when we sat down for lunch, I thought I would throw out there the "what do you want to be when you grow up" question as it changes everytime I ask him. Here's how today's conversation went -
Me: Ethan, what do you think you want to be when you grow up?
Ethan: Nothing.
Me: Nothing? No, what kind of job do you want to have?
Ethan: I don't want a job. I don't like jobs.
Me: (hmm.. this isn't going like I thought) Why don't you like jobs?
Ethan: Because I don't.
Me: (I decide to try another approach) Would you like to be a fireman?
Ethan: No.
Me: Why not?
Ethan: Cause I might get burned.
Me: Ok..how about a policeman?
Ethan: Nope.
Me: Why not?
Ethan: Because I might get hit by a car when I'm writing up a ticket.
Me: Oh. What about a doctor?
Ethan. No. (I love how he's keeping it short and sweet..)
Me: Why not a doctor?
Ethan: They have to give shots and kids hate you.
Me: Well, if you don't get a job, how will you buy a house or food to eat?
Ethan: I'm going to live here forever. Because I love you guys soooo much (I swear I hear sarcasm..) And I'll just eat your food.
Me: Don't you want to have your own house?
Ethan: Oh fine, mom. I'll just be a zero repairman.
Me: What the heck is a zero repairman?
Ethan: It's a guy that repairs zero's.
Me: Oh. That's it?
Ethan: And ride snowmobiles. I wanna do tricks n' stuff - like front flips and things like that. Can we eat now?
Me: Yeah, buddy, we can eat.
I'm not sure what I was hoping his answer would be, but I can tell you a snowmobiler who risks his life everyday for people drinking Mt. Dew wasn't it.
Oh my little daredevil..he's so cute but I have a feeling he's gonna cause his mama

3 comments:
hahah at least he is honest.
Well, at least he's cute! Maybe he'll change his mind and decide that he wants to be a super model!
He is hilarious!! I love it. Kids are way tooooo funny in their theories. And what's a zero? All I can think of are the Jap bomber planes from WW2. Great pics too!!
Post a Comment