My baby boy, well my first baby boy, Ethan, is going to turn 4 on Saturday. Hard to believe and in some ways I'm still in denial.
It seems like just yesterday he was my colicky, reflux-ey, adorable baby boy (who has apparently recruited his brother to follow in his footsteps)..
..and now he is turning into my even-more adorable, still a puker, absolutely hysterical, completely sarcastic (no idea where he gets that..), brilliant (too smart for his own good), big boy.
I must admit a bit of fear in the coming years. I mean, up until now, I've raised him the best that I knew how but if I had made any mistakes he was too young to remember them and bad habits, behaviors, etc could pretty easily be reversed. But now.. well, now is when everything you say or do can truly impact the person they become FOREVER. From your values, how you react to situations, your eating habits.. they will hang on EVERY word. You gotta admit, that's a bit scary. I believe they call that parenting. And although I have been a parent for four years now, in many ways, I feel parenting is just about to begin.
I cherish the moments we have had and look forward to the many treasured moments to come. I love being a mom, I really, really do :)
No comments:
Post a Comment