Ok, I'm super excited about the Back to Blogging event being put on by one of my favorite sites of all time, The Secret Is In The Sauce. If you've never been there, you're more out of the loop than me. And that ain't good.
So, the challenge this time is for one week. A little less daunting than the 31day Problogger Challenge we just wrapped up. Oh, and did I mention you can win a super sweet prize? Just something little..it's a set of those Electrolux washer and dryers you see in that commercial with Kelly Ripa. What, the blue ones you ask? Yeah, THOSE ones. I almost refrained from telling you about them, because I don't want any of you to ruin my chances of winning. But since I never win anything, I've decided a few hundred more entries won't make a bit of difference anyhoo.
What is the challenge, you ask? Well, there's a little posting, a little twittering, a little blogfrogging and a little facebooking involved. What's blogfrogging you ask? Go to BlogFrog and you can find out for yourself. 'Cause I don't have time to tell you what an awesome community it is of fellow bloggers where you can get support, answers to your questions and just great conversation. Nope, I don't have time to tell you all that.
Ok..without further ado (I know you're thinking yeah right, get on with it already..).
DAY 1: Re-upload the first post you ever wrote on your blog. If interested, re-write that post, showing us a before and after look at the piece.
This will be funny. Because my first post totally sucked and consisted of 3 sentences. No, I'm not lying. In fact, it sucked so bad, I deleted it a few months ago. It went something like this:
I'm new to blogging. Testing, testing, 123. Is this mic on??
To prove it, here is the link to my second post. Which also sucks and refers to the first "sucky" post. If you hit older post, nothing happens. 'Cause I deleted it. For real. Don't believe me? Read my second post here.
Did you read it? No? (Of course you didn't, cause I just told you how bad it sucked. Although, if it was me and someone said that something really sucked I would probably read it, cause that's just how I am. And apparently I can't write 2 sentences without writing the word "cause" today. Not sure what that's about.) So, if you didn't read it, I'll tell you what it said. Basically nothing. I announce the birth of our second son and didn't even attach a picture or any birth facts - like size, length, etc. I was so excited about starting my blog when he was born, but being completely sleep deprived and having a colicky baby I never actually blogged again until my third post over a month later. If you want, you can read that one here. It wasn't much better than the first two. I guess you could say I've come a long way since February. I bet some of you wish I went back to my 3 sentence posts. Hope not, cause it ain't gonna happen.
So that's what I got for DAY 1 of the challenge. Stop by tomorrow to see what I contribute for DAY 2 :)
Please, let me know you stopped by so I can read your blogs and see how far you've come too.
PS) I just wanna give a special shout-out for the following sponsors who are gonna give me those washer and dryers... you know, if I win of course. Which I won't. Because I never do. Anyways, I'm just sayin these guys rock - cause they give away washers and dryers. When's the last time Home Depot did that??Visit their sites, check em out for yourself: Standards of Excellence, Westar and Florida Builder Appliances.
8 comments:
I'm loving this retrospective as a way to kick of back2blogging... I've visited 4-5 other bloggers so far and it's so fun to compare their first posts.. and how far they've come... and also how similar our stories seem to be... just jumping into the deep end of the pool and trying to start swimming... I love your first post - it's real, it's fun - it's short :)
Hope you can stop by Acting Balanced http://www.actingbalanced.com/2010/09/back-to-blogging-with-sits-day-1-my.html
I'm not really "excited" for it, 'cause it was kind of a bust for me the first time around. But I am kinda interested to see how my site turns out after I've finished doing it all.
Hahahaha!! I was thinking "hey I want to see a picture of the baby!" :)
Well I think you have a fabulous blog and you have obviously grown a lot since your first three posts!!
You crack me up! I love the way you write and how you sound like you're talking to your reader and not just writing to them.
Keep up the good work! I'm thinking those first time visitors from way back when need to give you a second chance!
Yep! I read your second post. Nowhere near as bad as MY first post... AND the subsequent update I did today. How do you improve on a tiny paragraph that you wrote to just shut up a friend? My original post was just that. The second one was free publicity for my cousin who hopes to go to the 2012 Para Olympics in England - so that doesn't count either as a good post.
Yours turned out pretty good. Hope you'll stop by mine and let me know what ya think! Good, bad or indifferent.
And if you DO luck out and get Thelma & Louise to come live at your house? Can me & my dirty clothes come for a visit? LOL!
Peace, love and turtles,
Phyllis
thoughtsfromthismamaschair.blogspot.com
Really enjoyed reading your post today - it made me laugh. I love how you call yourself out, but know that you have come a LONG way as a blogger!
Stopping by from SITS - enjoy the challenge!
http://addingtonmom.blogspot.com
What a great challenge! I hadn't heard about this, but I think I might hop over and participate if it's not too late.
I love your first post! So funny. Thanks for the laugh and I'm looking forward to following you on this challenge to see where it will take you.
Too funny!! I love the way you write and how far you've come... and girl, I know I've got a long way to go! Maybe I should give it a whirl and pull out my first post! :)
~Tabitha
Post a Comment