Day 5 Challenge: As your last assignment to jump start your return to blogging, write about what blogging means to you. Why do you blog? What purpose does it serve you and how have you benefited from sharing a piece of yourself online this way?
Not sure what challenge I'm talking about? I told you yesterday it was too late. This was the last challenge. Thelma and Louise are coming home to me. You snooze, you lose!
My reason for blogging as evolved much like my blog itself. I started blogging cause I was jealous I didn't have one. It seemed like the "cool" thing to do. I love computers, and hearing myself type. I know, you couldn't tell that by the length of my posts or anything, right? I love getting to know new people. But, I can be shy in person. It might take me a year to actually strike up a conversation and get to know you well enough to "hang out" and talk. Shoot, I've lived in my neighborhood for over 6 years and this is the first year we started going to patio parties and I can actually name some people besides those that live in the houses next to me. (Can I just say that everytime I hear someone say "shoot" all I can hear is Mater saying it in Cars??) Anyways, blogging is a great way to meet new people. I've also enjoyed getting back into writing, something I've loved since I was a small child. Finally, I needed it to keep my sanity since becoming a SAHM for the first time in April. The cat finally stopped responding to my conversations. He just doesn't come upstairs anymore.
I've gotten a lot out of blogging even though I only started in February. I've "met" some great people. I've learned that for everything crazy at my house, someone's got something crazier going on at theirs. I've learned that we've all been through these phases together and I'm not alone. I've learned to just kick back and enjoy the ride. And, it's given me the opportunity to think about what I want to do with my life. The more I get out there and see what there is the more I know it wasn't what I was doing.
The support you get from other readers is wonderful and helps you feel appreciated on those days you don't feel like it otherwise. Even though sometimes you can feel vulnerable posting online, you know that someone's out there who's going through what you are and will be there to encourage you. Of course, if no one leaves a comment then you feel like a total ass and that's never a good feeling - but that's a risk you gotta take I guess.
Why do you enjoy blogging? What does your blog specialize in? Parenting? Prizes? Surveys? Share your blog with us..comment! Because if there's anything I hate worse it's looking like a total ass, lol.
PS) I just wanna give a special shout-out for the following sponsors who are gonna give me those washer and dryers... you know, if I win of course. Which I won't. Because I never do. Anyways, I'm just sayin these guys rock - cause they give away washers and dryers. When's the last time Home Depot did that??Visit their sites, check em out for yourself: Standards of Excellence, Westar and Florida Builder Appliances.
6 comments:
I don't specialize in anything on my blog. I've read so many "how to blog" posts stressing the importance of "finding your niche". I panic. I don't have a niche. Why don't I have a niche? Maybe THAT'S my niche - not having a niche. Ah!
Great post. I found it from the SITS Challenge!
Great looking blog! I like your style. Found you from the SITS challenge. I agree with you on the typing part....it's fun to click clack away the morning:)
Hello! Stopping by from BlogFrog! Now following your blog. Look forward to connecting with you!
Carrie A Groff
http://livingahealthybeachlife.blogspot.com
I have gained so much from the friendships I've made in the blogging world.
You've got some great reasons. And you're off to an amazing start. I can't believe you just started in February!
Your comment about the cat not responding made me snort wine through my nose! I so feel your pain. When I first started staying home, I thought I was going to lose my mind ... actually, no, when I first started staying home I HAD lost my mind, because I was looking after a newborn. Blogging helped me regain my sanity as well.
So glad to have connected blog-to-blog this week. Love reading your stuff - keep it up!
(And keep your hands off my WASHER AND DRYER!!!!) jk
Amanda Broadfoot
"Life is a Spectrum"
www.AmandaBroadfoot.com
Latest post: "I blog because Spock and JFK told me to..."
why do I blog?? For me it's because, after giving birth to 5 boys and staying home with them for years they are FINALLY all in school and I am rambling around in an empty house all. day. long. It helps me keep my sanity and stay connected with the outside world. I hear there are actually real live people roaming the streets out there! who knew?!?!
spokenfor
spokenforsbigadventure.blogspot.com
Post a Comment