I've tried to get the kids out everyday. Both of them love to be outside as do I and it just seems to make the days go by faster. Being much older and wiser (haha), I also know to treasure each day because it might just snow tomorrow in this crazy state we call
On Monday, nothing seemed to appeal to Ethan as a reason to go out in the heat. He didn't want to setup his pool. He didn't want to use the waterslide. He didn't want to use the sprinkler. He didn't want to ride his bike. Nope, didn't wanna go out. Then I had the greatest idea, "Hey, Ethan. I've got an idea." (This always peaks his interest) Ethan, "What, mom? What is your great idea?" - Even at 4, you can hear his sarcasm. I'm pretty sure he's starting to realize that my great ideas usually involve some sort of work for him. "Would you like to wash the van?" I'm chuckling because I know it's a sad cry of desperation - but it worked :) He was so excited he ran to get his swim shoes to start his project.
He LOVED washing the van, and I got a clean van out of it. It was totally a win-win.
Totally having fun with spraying himself. What a goofball.
He worked so hard. He actually did a pretty good job!
I just had to help him with the parts he couldn't reach, but other than that he washed the whole thing by himself!
He even got a kick out of our bucket springing a leak - he said "That's ok, mom. I can just fill it up again." He makes things so simple sometimes. I wish I could be that optimistic all the time!
Even Lucas had a good time watching his brother entertain him. He loves watching him!
So, if your kids are bored and it's hot out - give em a bucket, a washcloth, the hose and a towel. You'll buy yourself at least 30 minutes of fun!
3 comments:
LOVE IT! We've done that before...it's 100 degrees here on most days, so washing the car usually involves spraying each other too :) Cute pics and glad your van was washed in the process!!
Too cute!! And what a great way to get your car cleaned!! I just may have to try this out :)
~Tab
great idea. we have so little shade at our house that my girls are constantly wanting to go back inside to avoid the heat. this will at least buy us an afternoon in the heat once a week. :)
Post a Comment