Monday, October 18, 2010

What's Your Theme Song?

We all have our favorite songs. Usually, they become our favorite because they make us feel good, they remind us of something or someone or we can relate to them. I could rattle off a billion songs and where they "take me" the moment I hear them. Songs about quitting work. Songs about premature death. Songs about heartbreak. You name a scenario and I can probably think of a song that I associate with it. Maybe it comes from my love of music. Maybe I'm just a dork. Regardless, I've got a song that goes with every emotion I've ever had.

Today's post is one of those I started writing months ago and although I seem to be drawing a blank as to how I can make it this great, mind-blowing, creative work of art, I didn't want to just scrap it. But, alas, I'm in the mood to "clean house" a bit which meant getting this one off the draft table and making room for new ideas.

This is a portion of the lyrics from "It Happens" by Sugarland. If you don't listen to country music, you may have never heard this song. Every time I hear it I have to smile because I swear it was written for me to hear at that very moment.




Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning
Ain't no need to over think it
Let go laughing

 
Life don't go quite like you planned it
We try so hard to understand it
Irrefutable, indisputable
The fact is psssh it happens


I find this to be soooooo true when you have kids. I can't tell you how many times I worked so hard to plan things to the very smallest detail only to have them fall through because one of the kids barfed, got hurt, were way too whiny, or I was just so freaking tired I forgot to do it altogether.

So, I want to know. What song is your life's "theme song" at this very moment? You can share with us some of the lyrics, or you can just give us the name of the song and the artist. But, I want to know what song is it that you can relate to at this point in your life. If you want to dwell even more on it, write a post about it and send us a link :)

Have a great day!!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Corny as it sounds, "I got you babe" by Sonny & Cher. It's just our all around theme song. Our lives are so up in the air right now, but we have one another and that's all that matters.

Losing Brownies said...

Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol.

I love that song. It belongs to Gadget Guy and I. Well, not really... but you know.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Right now? This'll sound weird but it's Girls with Guns by Tommy Shaw from the early 80's. I'm getting back into competition shooting, at the local level, this fall for the first time since I got pregnant with my oldest. I am so out of practice.