Saturday, June 26, 2010

Like Father, Like Sons

We have a quad. It's a hobby my husband picked up years ago and my son, Ethan, fell in love with it almost from birth. He started out with one of those little ones for 2 year olds that barely move. He liked to do wheelies with it. He would only ride it standing up. It just wasn't fast enough for him.



So we bought him a new one for his birthday. He loves driving it around the yard with one hand (like daddy) and standing up and making it slide side to side in the dirt (like daddy) and he backs it up really fast pulling it out of the garage (like daddy). It's so freakin cute I can't stand it.

He tells me, "You have to stand up to ride it on the hills mom.." Funny.. I don't see any hills here. He also figured out how to do power slides down our big hill. Too bad it only works when the grass is wet. He actually rolled the thing when the grass was dry. After he got done crying, he was pretty pumped about his battle wounds.

And it appears Lucas has been officially inducted into the quad hobby. My husband thought it was time, afterall Lucas is almost 5 months old..



So, he took him for a ride. Yes.. Lucas is the small hat you see in front. No.. they don't have helmets on, but they are only going around the yard (that's what he had to keep telling me so I would stop freaking out). Ethan is on the back..

Like I said, it's so freakin cute..

If you were wondering - yes, I do like to ride - sort of. My first and only quad trip so far was a bit of an adventure. We went on a trail not meant for beginners and I was riding a quad like the one above we borrowed from John's stepdad. It was huge and heavy - a lot for a girl to handle, but since I'm stronger than most girls I handled it :) That being said, I was not prepared for the huge machine to be bouncing off the trees and roots and throwing me around like I was a rag doll. Foolish me thought the quad would fit since it was a trail for quads, not so much. I ripped off the side mirror that his stepdad had added (who adds a mirror to a quad anyways??). No one noticed that I parked the machine to run back half a mile to go find the mirror (it wasn't mine afterall). Then, I hit a tree. Don't laugh, it's not funny. What WAS funny was that the tree was dead it actually fell across the front of the quad. At this point we were near the trail and I had used every bit of profanity I knew and quite possibly made up a few new ones letting our group know just how much I disliked this trip.. and then I THREW the tree off the quad and said "Let's just go home." I realize the tree was dead, but it was big enough I don't think the guys thought I was going to fling it like a twig..but I did. Shows what adrenaline will do for ya - and like I said, I'm stronger than a lot of girls. So of course I can't wait to ride again - cause why wouldn't anyone after a trip like that, lol.

1 comment:

Tabitha Blue said...

Hahaha, it really is too cute!!! LOVE that and I'm sure John is loving it too! So... did Lucas like it? It seems like he did. :)