BYOT - as in bring your own toys if you wanna play at my house, that is. Why, you ask? Is it because I'm rude or my kids don't like to share or I'm some sort of germ freak? Nope, not at all. Here's why you'll wanna bring your own toys if you come to my house:
Yes, that's puke.
Yep, here too.. and yes, he's playing in it.
Still playing in it...
You see, my son suffers from severe acid reflux. The puke you see is what we see all day, everyday. That's why he's so used to it and doesn't even notice anymore. He's on Enfamil A.R. (acid reflux) which means it contains rice starch to weigh down the formula and help keep it down. What you see above is how much it stays down. If you think that is bad, you should have seen it when he was on "regular" formulas.
I can be taking Lucas to change his diaper and hear a "splash" on the floor where he just puked. You worry about taking a change of clothes in case your kids get dirty. I take 5.. and then something for me. We don't use burp clothes, we use burp blankets (otherwise known as receiving blankets). We do a few loads a week of just those to keep up. The play yard/play mat whatever you call that thing, gets washed once a week (I'd tell you everyday, but that would be lying. I figure if I wipe it up fast enough, it didn't really soak in, so it's "good to go". Since I played around taking pictures of it above, I'll probably wash it tonight, lol).
It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta be mama to this cute little kid. So, I've decided to take/keep the job. Fortunately, my son Ethan was exactly the same way - although we didn't know about Enfamil A.R. then so he actually puked more. The poor kid puked so much (and still does) that he'll stop what he's doing, run to the bathroom, puke in the toilet, wash his hands, rinse out his mouth and go right back to what he was doing. And when you ask him what he was doing, he'll tell you "Oh, nothing. I just had to puke that's all." Pretty independent for just turning 4, don't you think? Too bad he's been doing that since he was 2..
Twice a day, I have to give Lucas Prevacid to stop the stomach acid and reduce his heartburn - you know how it feels after you puke all day. Try doing it all day for 5 months straight..
This is a way of life for us. Not sure how I got two puke-y boys, but I did. Guess God figured I could handle it because thankfully I don't have a weak stomach (thus my grey poop post earlier today). I tell people jokingly, "I can catch puke in one hand going 8070mph, wipe it up, and never miss a beat." Sad part is, I'm not really joking. I will say, however, it is much harder to do now with the two boys. Ethan used to sit in the middle of the car which was easier to reach. Now they are on opposite sides it adds a bit of a challenge to the ordeal, but still I can manage :) I don't smell the puke anymore.
So, if you come to my house to visit. Don't be offended when yell "put that down" or "um.. you might not wanna play with that.." It really has nothing to do with you or my fear of what you might do to my stuff. It has everything to do with I might not have gotten it cleaned off with bleach in the 30 seconds before you walked in so there is a good chance it has a "covering" on it you might not wanna share with your children :)
I'm just sayin..
2 comments:
My first daughter did this too...luckily it stopped at about the age of nine months. I hated those days right after childbirth when nothing fit...I would finally find something I could breath in..pick up the baby to go and our it would come all over me. Between the smell of barf and breast milk I stunk so bad I couldn't stand to be around myself. Good thing God gives an extra does of love to mothers to give to these children because if you had told me before she was born I was going to have to endure this I would have said no way!...good luck
pukey or not, he's perfect!! What a precious little boy. Have a wonderful weekend and happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!
Post a Comment