But, I'm a firm believer that late is better than never (in most cases) and I refuse to not finish a project I start - although with 2 kids I've since learned that deadlines might get pushed back a few
So, I'm jumping back on the wagon at Day 23 (which is still a day behind). Here goes nothing.
Last week, we had our Patio Party. In our neighborhood, each week from May-August someone takes a turn having a little get-together at their house for the neighborhood and their friends. It's a great opportunity to get to know each other and just sit back and well, basically gossip. We eat unhealthy food and most have a few drinks. The kids get to play and the parents get to unwind, it's the perfect way to spend a summer evening and you don't even have to drive to get there.
As I was saying, last week was our turn. Ethan had been looking forward to it for some time and was excited it was finally here. He was so excited, he insisted that he needed to clean his room really, really good...even though the party is OUTSIDE, you know, on the patio :) We initially started to argue with him that he didn't need to do that but we quickly came to our senses - after all, he would be in his room out of our way so we could cook & clean the patio, and he was offering to deep clean his own room - um, duh. What were we thinking?? "Of course you can clean your room, if you really want to Ethan" :)
So, he did. And when he said really, really clean, that's exactly what he meant. He pulled everything he owned with the exception of the bed and dresser out of his room and stacked it
What has your child done recently they were proud of, even if it was unnecessary? Please. Comment. Share the love!
4 comments:
One single moment is not coming to mind right now. I am enjoying how my older one (4 years old) is learning to be more responsible and learn to do basic things like put dishes in the sink or help me out when I fold laundry. He actually thinks laundry is fun! Ha! I hope he continues to like being helpful. So great that yours cleaned up all on his own.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Great post! I don't have kids (yet) so nothing to be proud of but that is a really cute story!
So cute! Oh my I know there are just too many things to list. My 20 month old likes to dump the dogs water into her food dish...looks really proud afterwards. My 4 year old just likes to yell no matter where he is telling the world that he pooped on the potty! Saw you on MBC! Nice to meet you! ~Kimberly
www.stinkerpinker.com
Very impressive for a boy his age! My little one is only 17 months, but he does nicely when I say "Lets put the toys away", he will grab as many as he can and put them in his toy box, he even knows how to separate the books on the shelves to the toys in the box.
Found your button on Bloggy Moms. Would love for you to stop by and visit!
Mommy Only Has Two Hands!
Post a Comment