Anyhoo...Ethan loves going to Mema and Papa Jack's (Grandpa's not cool either..) because he knows besides the root beer and candy he'll get that I don't let him have, he'll also get to do something fun and adventurous. More and more her home is becoming like a small farm, which she's always dreamed of, and the idea of being a "weekend farmer" is starting to grow on him, I think. And these new farmer boots he got (aka rain boots), um...I can't get enough of them. They are too freakin adorable!
There's something to be said about living out in the corn fields. No one staring at you on your front porch. Surrounded by God's goodness. It so peaceful. And there's just soooo much room to play :)
This past weekend Ethan went to Mema's to pick up another goat. He now has 3. This one he called "Grant the Goat". Don't ask..I have no idea. And even though I wasn't big on the idea of goats, I gotta admit they're kinda cute.

He was so proud of his goats, it was too sweet.
FYI - my boy is a romantic. Must have gotten that from his mama...
Lucas is quickly becoming aware of the adventures that await him and his brother on Mema's "farm". He was having way too much fun pretending to drive the 'Gator.
I'd love to live in the country some day... you know, if it wasn't so far away from the city, lol. What are you? A city girl/guy or a country girl/guy?






2 comments:
We refer to my mother as Mema too! She thinks it should be spelled with a Memaw, but I like it better as Mema. My MIL is Gammie and my husbands step mother is Honey. We don't have a single grandma!
we have a granny, a grandma, a nana, and a nanny so I think we've just about got it covered!
Oh, and having lived in Wyoming 45 miles from the nearest town and 2 hours from the nearest mall I have to say, you get used to it. I would go back in a minute!
Post a Comment