Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Blogging - My New Addiction

So this morning I wanted to just have a little "chat". Sort of like a Mind Sweep, but specifically about my new found addiction to blogging. I love it. Pretty sure I've mentioned that on every comment I've made on someone else's post, every blog I've done on Parenting, Parents, Pampers, etc.. while I try to get the word out that I LOVE blogging.

Why do I love it? Not exactly sure. Perhaps because it is like a diary, but with technology (which I also love). Perhaps because you get to add pictures which makes it better than a diary. Perhaps it's because you get to make new friends and share in your good and bad days and everyone is there to pat you on the back to tell you "it will be ok" or "good job, mama". Perhaps it's because it serves as an outlet for me. After leaving my job of 9 years, being a stay-at-home mommy is hard just for the simple void of adult conversation. We all crave it, we all need it. And on the rough nights or days or the proud moments when the kids meet a milestone, we need to talk to someone about it - someone besides our husbands. Sure, I talk to him too - but if I kept all that I needed/wanted to say pent up until he got home and unleashed it on him when he walked into the front door...pretty sure he would work later than he already does :)

Blogging has reminded me of my love to write. I love reading about others' lives and knowing that ours is right in line with almost every other parent out there. The struggles of teething, discipline, weight loss, marriage "upkeep", as well as all the joys and proudful moments of being a parent. I love being a mama and couldn't imagine having a better family to be one too.

Each day I'm learning new things. Like, how quickly the night passes away when you're reading and writing blogs... (and the dishes are still there when you get done!) How long the day can be when you are dying to write a blog you just thought about. I learned how to edit HTML in order to make my template easier to read. (It's plain, I know, reading online posts on how to add menus, etc.. I'll get there!) I have learned how to find other bloggers, add them to my blogroll, add their buttons to my page (once I make mine cooler, will share the code so hopefully others add mine), and have joined things I never thought I'd do, like Twitter, Digg, and SeededBuzz trying to get my blog noticed.

What's SeededBuzz? Well, it's a newer site for bloggers to try and get noticed. I'm about to "buzz" my first seed: http://betterinbulk.net/2010/04/what-has-blogging-taught-you.html. The link will take you to another blogger who has also shared what blogging has taught them. I happen to agree with her.

I invite you to become a follower of my blog, and/or my blog page in Facebook, if you haven't done so already. I also welcome any and all comments, words of advice or just plain constructive criticism. I'm new to this and can't wait to make my page look like some of the one's I've seen. Call a new hobby, call it an addiction (that's what my husband says it is), call it whatever you want - but I'm having fun. And if you have a blog, I'll read it if you post just like the one above and I'll "buzz" about you :)

2 comments:

My Mama Mojo said...

I can connect with this post on many levels. I really enjoy the rest of your blog and will be back to visit!
Heather

Danette said...

I created a buzz about this post at http://sos-research-blog.com/07/blogging-gives-me-the-opportunity-to-meet-wonderful-people-what-about-you/ Thanks for the inspiration.