Monday, June 28, 2010

Laughter Does a Heart Good

We bought this stuffed duck for Ethan when he was a few months old. My sister actually bought it when we were out shopping. We thought it was just too darn cute not to. Here, take a listen (kind of quiet, you might have to turn volume up) and you'll see why:




Ethan loved it and Lucas seems to as well. It's contagious. You can't help but smile when you hear it laugh even if you've heard it laugh a thousand times. I wish I had a button that would just make me laugh as hard as I could and release all the pent up emotions a mother tends to bottle up so she can take care of her children, husband, household chores and whatever else takes a piece of us mothers each day. There's something magical about laughter and I love it. And I've missed it over the past year. (Look for my upcoming blog explaining how I became a SAHM to know why.)

So when I came across the below video, I have to admit, I laughed. I laughed really, really hard. I'm gonna give you a heads up that there is a little bit of profanity, which I don't usually promote (look for a future blog why I don't promote, but use all too often), but it was just too funny not to share. I shared it with my husband and he too laughed his butt off.

It was so good to hear him laugh that hard, to hear us laugh that hard together. I can't remember the last time we did, honestly. And although the video is far from Holy, it almost felt like it was. It was liberating and set the tone for our whole weekend. We were sharing a moment of pure joy like we haven't in far too long. For a brief moment, the weight of the world was gone, the worries of tomorrow were forgotten and we felt like it did when we first started dating 12 years ago and we laughed.. hard. It felt so good. I can't wait to do it again..

I'm sharing the video I picked up from a fellow blogging mom in hopes that you too will laugh hard. The kind of laughter you sigh when you get done doing it. The kind of laughter that makes your sides hurt. The kind of laughter I'm sure you burn a few calories doing. The kind of laughter that helps to pull the braids of the rope that tie your marriage together tight again. The kind of laughter that does does a heart good. Because without a heart, you have nothing :)

2 comments:

Sandie lee said...

LOL LOL LOL

Hi I'm from Critique my Blog....lol

I'm still laughing, kids laughing are the best and those info-mercials are riduculous.

thanks for the laugh and great blog. I wouldn't change a thing

Tabitha Blue said...

I love laughing! I love kids laughing, and I love those laughing moments... they are always too far and few between. But I'm ready for more of it! :)

~Tabitha