Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Daddy's Day!


"Walk a little slower, daddy," said a little boy so small.
"I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall.
Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they're hard to see,
So walk a little slower, daddy,
For you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up,
You're what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child
Who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right,
And know that I was true;
So walk a little slower, daddy,
For I must follow you."

- Author Unknown

I'm sure the author is out there on this one, but I'm not sure who that is and I won't try to claim it, but I absolutely love this poem. I get choked up each time I read it because it is so true.

My oldest son adores my husband and watches his every move. You can see it in his actions, his expressions, the way he thinks, the way he moves. It's absolutely crazy and wonderful to know another man like my hubby is in the making. I'm sure my youngest will be the same the way once he gets a bit older for us to see his true personality. And I wouldn't want it any other way.

I love my husband more everyday for the father he is to our kids and I love watching him interact and love on them like only a father can. Their love for him is evident and for that I am ever greatful.

So, thank-you John, for being the man I need you to be, giving me these wonderful boys and being the father to them that every woman dreams of.

1 comment:

mdforkids said...

What a wonderful tribute to your husband. Boys really look up to their Dads...they are so important. I'm so happy that your adorable boys have a fantastic Father! Thanks for sharing:)