Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Indoor Camping

This summer we took our first "real" camping trip with the boys. Although some may argue that sleeping in a 5th wheel isn't exactly camping it, having intermittent power, a billion mosquitoes, rain everyday and a sick 5 month old says it was. You can read more about that crazy trip here.

Despite our rough initiation to camping, we rather enjoyed it. The close quarters. The extra cuddling. The lack of technology (ok, I really had a hard time with no internet...but I survived). It was so much fun my oldest keeps asking when we can go again. Obviously, camping when it's 30 degrees out isn't something I'm ready to sign up for anytime soon. Well, not outdoors anyways.

So we decided to have a mini-camping trip right in the living room. We actually did this a few weeks ago, but sadly I'm just getting around to the post.

We started by rolling out the air mattresses.



Then, we made s'mores on the s'mores maker - in the dining room.



All the excitement and a little sugar brought on the happy dance??



Then we made some popcorn. Yes, I burned it, but nonetheless, it was popcorn.


We put on our PJ's and stayed up late and watched movies. (Cause doesn't everyone watch movies camping??)
This very cheese family portrait was taken on my phone. Not my best angle, lol.
Overall, our first indoor camping trip was a success. A slight inconvenience and loss of the comfort of our "real" bed meant the world to my four year old who couldn't stop talking about it all week while he waited for that Friday to come.

These are the memories, folks, that they will remember. What they got for Christmas when they were 3 maybe not so much. But, what you did as a family together for total, random fun, absolutely and forever. 


No comments: