Thursday, November 4, 2010

Not So Crafty

Well, I posted Day 3 and Day 1 requirements for the Halloween contest over at SITS, so I figured I better get my Day 2, and final Halloween post, up before the deadline. Cause I love entering contests and meeting the deadline by the seat of my pants.

This post is supposed to show something we made for Halloween this year that was crafty. It can be complex to as simple as carving a pumpkin. Good thing, cause I haven't had time to do anything crafty in about 4 years. Take my scrapbooking, for example. It's one of my favorite hobbies and I've only got to Ethan's first birthday finished. Lucas' scrapbook? Yeah, it's still in the wrapper it came in unopened, not started, staring at me from the office I rarely seem to be able to actually sit in for any length of time.

Anyhoo - back to the contest. We didn't do anything crafty this year. In fact, we got overzealous and carved our pumpkina too early and they rotted before Halloween. We let Ethan decorate one with his washable markers..yeah, that's as dumb as it sounds. And then we forgot to carve our last one. I know, good times, right?

Here's a few pics of our carving adventure. My sister came over to help us and carve her own that evening. Ethan gets pretty excited when we have guests.





















Ok, this was the last post for this contest. No more Halloween posts. I promise :)

1 comment:

Gerri said...

Those pumpkins look huge. By the time we got into the spirit, lots of places only had small ones left. Looks like it was fun. ;)