Monday, July 19, 2010

ProBlogger Challenge Intro - PC #1

Today was the kick-off for the 31 Days to Build a Better Blog challenge put on by SITS (love them, by the way) through BlogFrog. The challenge title is pretty self-explanatory. Basically there is a group of almost 400 of us who have taken this challenge on. Each day there will be a new topic and/or activity to help us improve our blogs. While there is an e-book at the root of this challenge, you are not required to buy it to participate - good thing cause I'm broke. If you wanna join me, click here.

I decided to join the challenge for the following reasons:

1. I can always improve. Oh yeah, so can my blog :)
2. It's a great way to meet new bloggers.
3. I love to learn new things.
4. Being a new SAHM, I needed a goal. Gotta have goals in my life. (No, this isn't my only one!)
5. Awesome way to get my blog noticed.
6. It just sounded fun!

I don't anticipate I'll do everything the day it's assigned, but I will try to be as close as possible - even if that means typing blogs one-handed while holding a sleeping, teething baby in the other arm like I am now.

Our first assignment was to create a short elevator pitch about our blogs & then state if the challenge changed our blog or our vision for our blog in any way.

The assignment was harder than it first sounded. It's kind of like writing your objective on a resume. You only get to choose a few words to make yours stand out. You don't want to come across boasting, you don't want to be too specific and exclude readers who might actually like your blog but then you don't want to be too general and have people mistake your blog for boring not really knowing what you're gonna talk about. So, here's what I came up with for my pitch:

My blog is about nothing, everything, and all that falls in between. It's funny, sad, boring, helpful.. There is no theme. There are no rules. It's completely unorganized and crazy. I might add pictures, I might not. Because it's about life. Real life...with kids. And real life with kids is hectic and anything but the same everyday. If I made my blog to fit in a "box", it wouldn't be real, so I didn't.

The goal was to get you to determine what the focus is for your blog & define your readers. My focus is to have a good time keeping it real about life and hopefully making a few new friends along the way. My readers are anyone whose ever experienced real life with kids or wants to know what it's like to have one.

No comments: