Tuesday, July 20, 2010

ProBlogger Challenge - Day 2

Well, Lucas was a stinker again last night. Two and half hours of non-stop screaming and for what reason, I have no freakin clue. Breaks my heart. Absolutely kills me. I can't stand it and haven't been able to since the day he was born. You would think by 5 1/2 months I would be "immune" to it, but you're never immune to your baby crying in pain that you can't figure out. I couldn't soothe him. Rocking, swaying, singing, bouncing, putting the paci in, orajel, tylenol, another bottle, mylicon, gripe water, playing the radio, sitting in the dark, nothing works...NOTHING. We have a Winnie the Pooh toy that will stop him in his tracks and make him laugh in the middle of his tantrums (which makes you think he's not in that much pain??), but it only lasts for a few minutes and then he's back to screaming. Then it stops...whether it be from exhaustion from screaming or what I have no idea, but it stops. And I stand there, afraid to move, because it might start again. I don't want to put him down because I fear it will wake him and we'll have to do this for 2 more hours and I'm not sure I can. Drives me crazy, gives me ulcers, and I'm really struggling with this because it's my last baby and so wanted to enjoy every minute of it and this is not how I imagined my time home with the kids would be. Far from it...and it makes my heart hurt.

But, that's not what this post is about. It's about the challenge I told you about yesterday. Today's challenge was to write a list post. I guess that's where the above "rant" came from. I wanted to explain that I was too tired to even get online, let alone write a post for the day 2 challenge. Luckily, I had already written one :)

To read the list I wrote a few months ago, click here.

If you wanna join me on the challenge. Click here:



Have a great day!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so hard when they cry like that!! I hope it's short lived for everyone's sake love!

Tabitha Blue said...

Aww, so sorry babe, sounds like a long night... and those aren't fun. I hope it gets better, it really is heart-wrenching and you deserve a break :)

Off to look at your list...

Erin Wallace said...

My William would not sleep unless I wrapped him VERY tightly and put him in his swing. He slept in that swing until he was about 7 months old. We also had a noise maker that made a swooshing sound. I learned about this from a Dr. based in California who deals entirely with baby sleep issues. May be worth a try.