Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sand. Lots and Lots of Sand.

Ethan loves to play in the sand, as I assume most boys do. I remember having a small sandbox at my house, but since it was just my sister and I it didn't get used much. It was too "dirty" for us. It's even more disgusting to me now when I think about the germs, bugs and probably cat feces that dwell there...ewww.

My mother in law (MIL) has taken on the Grandma role as if it was something she was born to do. She is great at spoiling my kids, breaking all of my rules, and spending way too much money on them as grandma's usually do. And this month proved no exception when it came time to buy Ethan a sandbox.

While some kids get a small turtle in which they fill with sand, my MIL thought it would be more appropriate if she had 10yards of sand delivered to her house that she would simply "border" with wood. What resulted was a 12x24 sandbox. I told her it was big enough she could probably charge admission. It's nuts.

Ethan could not have been any more excited to dig in and start playing with his trucks. I love seeing him get so excited. He dug, and jumped and played while we boxed it all in. He played until it was so dark he couldn't see anymore. It was adorable.






2 comments:

KristinMarieCA said...

That sandbox is HUGE! Looks like he's having a blast :) Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm following back! Have a great weekend!

Tabitha Blue said...

That is just crazy!! WOW. I'm impressed... and it looks like SO MUCH FUN!

:)
~Tabitha