If you remember, I posted about our first camping trip a few weeks ago. We had a few 'hiccups' that trip including firewood that wouldn't burn. We had found enough twigs in our campsite to burn a very small fire along with some newspapers to make Ethan his first s'more. But, we didn't get to make many and we were rushing before our flame went out. Needless to say we had s'more supplies return home with us. Well, I couldn't possibly let those go to waste! So I decided to bust them out today.
I got a s'mores maker before I had Ethan because I thought they were cute and WAY easier than building a campfire in my backyard when I got the craving for one (and yes, I know you can make them in the microwave but no, it is NOT the same!) When I dug the maker out of the basement today and cleaned it up, Ethan wasn't sure what to expect. He couldn't grasp that fire was going to come out of that crazy blue gel in a can.
We got everything ready.
It was time to begin...can't you feel the excitement :)
I explained to Ethan how careful he had to be so that he didn't get burned or poke himself with the skewers.. he concentrated so hard :)
There is nothing better than being able to eat the efforts of your hard work! Yummy!!
Ok, go ahead and make a s'more. You know you want to :)
1 comment:
Yum for sure!! We love smores in our house as well... sometimes making them in the fireplace in the winter ;)
~Tabitha
Post a Comment