Over the past few months as I dive deeper and deeper into the blogging community, I've read a million blogs (not literally, but feels like it). I can start on one blog and before I know it have 15 open window tabs and not even remember where I started. It fascinates me that this whole "world" existed and I had no idea. Of course I had heard about people who had blogs, but I never realized how many there are, it can be overwhelming really.
Some are funny, some are serious, some are factual, some are completely opinionated, some give you something to walk away with and others seem to leave you dumber for even reading it. It's ALL out there. Whatever your heart desires, you can find it.
And then you find that one. The one that inspires you to become a better blogger, a better writer, maybe even a better person. The blog that you can't wait until they post and you always walk away refreshed. Maybe it's a humorous blog that brightens your day. Maybe it's a serious blog that relates to something you are going through. Maybe it's a "giveaway" blog where you get excited knowing you might win something. Whatever it is that floats your boat, you probably have a favorite blog.
I was introduced to that blog a few months ago by a friend (who doesn't even blog herself). This blog is the first one I look for new posts when browsing through Google Reader. It's one of the few blogs that I've read every post since I found it and have loved every single one. It's one of those blogs that I haven't started reading a post and thought, ho hum..let's see what else is here. I LOVE this site. I'm addicted to it. I think of her as my blogging role model. I want to be more like her - not in a crazy way, but I want to appreciate the small things like she so wonderfully points out to us all.
She fascinates me with her optimism and her views. She's a great photographer which only adds infinite value to her posts. I almost walk away ashamed sometimes (in a good way) - because I just posted how my colicky 5 month old is driving me nuts again and then I'll read about how she almost "forgets" her youngest has Down Syndrome. I'm sorry, but I think my short-lived issues (I know one day the colic and puking will end!) do not compare to the hand she has been dealt. But she handles it with such grace and poise it's almost unbelievable - and yet, you know it's sincere if you read more than one post. Every time I read her posts, I take something away from it. She instantly makes me adjust my priorities and check my attitude. I can't tell you how many times I've read her blogs and ended up in tears and couldn't wait to go hug my kids just a little bit longer. Her words are beautiful, inspiring and emotional. While I am sure she has had her share of rough days and toddler tantrums (I tell myself that anyways), she only focuses on the positive. And for that, I am so thankful that I have found her blog - because it makes me a better person for reading it. It's like a daily devotional for me.
What is this great blog, you ask? Enjoying the Small Things. I added her button awhile ago, but thought she deserved some time on a podium. So if you get a chance, peruse through her site. Her family is beautiful and even more beautiful are her words.
Today I want you to think about what blog inspires who you are as a blogger or as a person. Everyone has their favorite blog that they never want to miss a post to. I want you to tell us yours and why it's so great. If you want to post your own "tribute" to a blog, please share the link with us all to read. I happen to love a lot of blogs and thinking I might "feature" one every month going forward as a way to share what I've found and see what floats your boat :)
3 comments:
I'm totally inspired by http://thebloggess.com/ - she's hands-down, the funniest writer in the blogosphere!
She really does have a beautiful blog and the bedtime story was very sweet. I'm now going to go wonder around through your blog :)
Yes, I agree, love her... and love you too! Everyone brings something different to the table, and we can all inspire each other in different ways. And I do believe that life with boys is completely different from life with girls. I have one of each, and can tell the difference already at 5 months!
:)
~Tabitha
Post a Comment