Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Buh-Bye Summer, We'll Miss You

I knew having two kids would get busy and chaotic at times. What I didn't really "get" was that it would be busy and chaotic ALL the time. As in every.single.moment. Each day I am learning what I need to focus on, refocusing and moving forward. Laundry washed, checked. Laundry put away...maybe later. Bottles washed, checked. Bottles actually taken out of the dishwasher...ahem, yeah, of course, always.

As school begins next week for us and its in session for many others, I can't help but feel summer slipping out of my grasp. I suppose it stems from when we were in school. Once you went back to school in the "fall", summer was over... even though it isn't over for a few more weeks.

So I've been on a mission, it seems, to do everything I can possibly do before those last days of summer pass. Busy during the day, usually means not being home. Which means laundry and dishes..well, they aren't getting started till the kiddos are in bed, so like 9 o'clock. Then, there's the whole paying the bills thing. Cutting out coupons. Sweeping, mopping, making coffee, putting toys away, folding the laundry, finding the kitchen counter, wiping down the kitchen counter... you get the idea. And then there is blogging, if I'm still conscious. Unfortunately, I have not yet convinced my husband that blogging should be first on my list. I'm pretty sure he still thinks this whole thing is crazy, but that's okay. He wasn't keen on my scrapbooking habit either. At least blogging is free. Well, mostly free.

So this post is just to let you know that I have about 6 drafts started, and one day I'm gonna get them all done. Then, WHAM.. you'll see six posts and you'll wonder where the hell I came from. But I want them to be good. I don't want them to look like I wrote them at 1am, even though I did.

For now, I'm gonna leave you with this: Summer is drawing to a close. Go out, enjoy it. Whatever that means to you and your family, do it. Because if you live anywhere like Michigan, it might snow tomorrow. No for real, it could. I'm attaching a few sweet pics below, a slideshow of summer memories and a promise that more posts are to come. Soon. Very soon.






Click here for Summer Pics 2010
(because I don't think you can embed the slideshow with Kodak..grrr)

No comments: