| Being Busy is Nothing To Sneeze At! |
It's been busy at our house. Busy making memories and milestones, that is.
Lucas finally decided it was time to get off his belly and crawl on all fours. He's been "creeping" since July 30th. He's gotten on all fours multiple times, but as soon as he was ready to move he'd drop his belly and take his usual creep approach. He has officially said goodbye to creeping and he's crawling all over like he's been doing it all his 7 1/2 months of life.
He also decided that just pulling himself up to the furniture wasn't enough fun. He started "cruising" from couch to table to mom to cupboard to dishwasher and back. Over and over and over. He is having a blast. I am going out of my mind! The days of throwing out a few tweets while he plays on the floor are OVER.
My baby is becoming more like a toddler every day. In some ways I am so excited to see him evolving into his own little person and on the other hand I am saddened that it's happening so, so fast.
Speaking of growing up too fast, a few weeks ago we met up with our friends for a little bookstore fun. Ethan couldn't wait to see his friend Aliyah. He was sitting at the table with her when Aliyah's mommy, Fresh Mommy, snapped a shot of them. Too freaking cute is all I can say.
He gets so excited to see her. He talks about when he can see her again almost daily. He was grinning from ear to ear when she called him the other day to go to the park. Everywhere we go, he wants to know if she can come with us. They have so much fun together. And while I know this was only a "playdate" and I would never want to imply it was anything more...it made me think that the dating years are gonna come all too fast. It won't be long before he won't want his mama to come along for his "playdates" and I hold my breath..because I'm certain I can never let go of him to "another woman". He has to live at home forever. Yes, forever should be long enough....
...too bad I think he has other plans, though. When my sister asked who his friend was in that picture, he said his girlfriend. Proceeded by a "I'm gonna marry her someday. But not yet." My sister asked if it was because he was too young. He said, "No, because I've got to get stronger so I can carry her." Sweet, yes? I would agree, except this would mean he will not live with me forever, so no.
We also got to go on a last-minute trip to a local fair together. Here are a few cute pics. If you want to see more fair pics you can head over to Fresh Mommy's Blog here to see her post.
...too bad I think he has other plans, though. When my sister asked who his friend was in that picture, he said his girlfriend. Proceeded by a "I'm gonna marry her someday. But not yet." My sister asked if it was because he was too young. He said, "No, because I've got to get stronger so I can carry her." Sweet, yes? I would agree, except this would mean he will not live with me forever, so no.
We also got to go on a last-minute trip to a local fair together. Here are a few cute pics. If you want to see more fair pics you can head over to Fresh Mommy's Blog here to see her post.
I am so amazed at how much he's grown this past year I can't believe it. I look at pictures from last summer and it blows me away. The conversations we have, the things he says, sometimes I forget he's only 4. Some days, I'm convinced he's a teenager trapped in a toddler body.
So while I may have been a little slacking on the blogging side of things these past few weeks, I also know it will wait if I need it to. My babies growing up, however, will not wait. And I wouldn't miss it for the world.

1 comment:
LOVE this post! Oh they do grow up so fast, and you're right. They don't wait! I wouldn't miss it either mama. And go Lucas, go!
:)
~Tabitha
Post a Comment