He talked, and talked about it everyday. We made sure to explain to him that it would be quite some time before Lucas would be up for all of those things, but one day it would happen...
When Lucas was born, Ethan would ask us constantly what could he do with him each day. We reminded him Lucas was still too little to play with and that he would be able to play with him some day...
Ethan LOVES his brother. He loves to tickle him and blow raspberries on his belly. He talks to him about EVERYTHING he is doing so he can "learn" him how to do it (as Ethan would say). He tells him everyday how he's going to play baseball with him as soon as he can hold a bat up. He tells him that pretty soon he can have a life jacket and he will catch him when he jumps in the water like he does. He tells him that he has a little four-wheeler just like his and next year they can race. It's amazing to watch, to listen. I absolutely LOVE those moments.
A few weeks ago, Ethan decided he was going to try to play doctor with Lucas. It was just a few days after his allergist appointment, so it must have been fresh in his mind. Lucas was surprisingly tolerant of the "checkup". But then again, I'm convinced he would let his brother do anything to him, because he's THAT cool.
A few days ago, Ethan got out his Bob the Builder tent he's had for years and still plays with on occasion. Lucas, immediately intrigued, crawled into it. (Can I just say Lucas wants nothing to do with baby "chew" toys...all he wants to do is whatever his super-cool brother Ethan is doing.) Ethan's eyes got all huge and asked me "Mom, can he play with me in here?" I immediately bit my lip. My first response was 'absolutely not!' But, I knew how much it would mean to him, and being a second-time mommy, I've witnessed the relaxation that comes with the familiar territory of parenthood. So, I told him "ok... But, you have to be super, duper, careful or he could get really hurt. And then I did my very best to sit back and just let them play. I'm so glad I did. It was magical.
It's on days like these that I'm so glad we had "another one". It's on days like these I think of the fond memories I have of my little sister and I playing together. It's on days like these I can't help but cry tears of joy, tears of pride. It's on days like these I can't help but thank God for everything He has given me and my family...like the new truck we found for my husband today that we've been looking for what seems like years to find. He's happy, which means I'm happy, which means EVERYONE's happy :) I love these kind of days!
| Ethan was pointing out something on the TV. Lucas just listens.. |
| Doesn't it look like Lucas is trying to make the face too? Hysterical!! |

1 comment:
LOVE this. ;)
Post a Comment