We had originally planned a trip to the zoo on Saturday as we've been waiting all summer for it to cool down. Experience has taught us that the animals aren't too ambitious when it's 90 degrees outside. By not ambitious, I mean they don't move. At all. You're lucky if you even see them.
So, Saturday we were finally going. Only one problem. When we woke up it was 53 degrees, there was a 40% chance of rain and there were wind gusts up to 30mph. In those weather conditions, I am not very ambitious. When I say not ambitious, I mean I don't move. Too much like winter for me. Not to mention all that cold wind would be awfully brutal for the baby.
We had just found out the night before we had surprise family guests stopping by on Monday. That left Sunday. So, we agreed we would miss church, something we've finally made a habit of going to again, because the best time to travel with Lucas was during his morning nap time.
Admittedly, I was hesitant about the trip. If you've read any of my other adventures, you know that Lucas doesn't have the best track record when it comes to car rides, stroller rides, etc.. But, I was excited the weather had turned itself around to a sunny 75 for the day. I was hopeful we could make a good day of it.
All I can say is that the trip was perfect in every way. Lucas never made a peep. He sat up in his stroller like a toddler should. He was so intrigued by all the people and animals. Talk about a milestone! It was awesome. He was so dang cute in his hooded sweatshirt I could hardly stand it.
Ethan was awesome too. He listened as well as you can expect a normal 4-year old to listen. He did well for his first long walking adventure without the comfort of a stroller to crash into for a late afternoon nap. Considering he didn't get a nap today, he was even great. He was so much more interested this year than even last year. He asked questions. He wanted to see everything. He tried to read all the signs (something we've been working on this summer!) I was so proud of how well he did today!
Then of course, we had the animals. Who actually came out to greet everyone. Something I've never seen before in Detroit.
Did I mention how awesome the boys were? That's ok... I'm gonna mention it again :)

2 comments:
Sounds like an amazing day!! What a cute family... Lucas is just too adorable. :)
~Tabitha
I actually took my two boys to the zoo for their first time this year. And it was incredible getting to share that with them and being apart of giving them such a special memory. Look at how full of wonder your boys are. I love it!
visiting from SITS
Post a Comment